Useful Maths Websites
Our subscription to MyMaths means that your child has his/her unique log in details, which allow him/her to access a wide range of games, activities, homework tasks and investigations. Teachers involved in your child’s maths learning can personalise the work that your child completes on the site according to the confidence levels at which he/she is working. By logging in, your child ensures that details relating to his/her performance are accessible to the teacher, who can use this to supplement the ongoing, day-to-day assessment of your child’s maths learning.
Click on the link below to get started, using log-in details provided by your teacher in order to find your very own area of the website…
MyMaths is now accessible via the Puffin Academy flash browser.
We are delighted to announce that MyMaths has been made available through Puffin Academy, allowing pupils and teachers to easily access MyMaths on most tablet and mobile devices, including iPads.
What is Puffin Academy?
Puffin Academy is a free mobile and tablet Flash browser. It is specifically designed for pupils, teachers and parents, as it always enforces site filtering by only allowing whitelisted educational websites to be accessed. It’s only for educational websites and fully supports Flash content, as well as videos on iPhone and iPad.
How do I access MyMaths through Puffin Academy?
To access MyMaths on your tablet or iPad, simply download the Puffin Academy App from the Apple or Android store to your device. Once downloaded, the quickest way to access MyMaths is to open the Puffin Academy browser and search for MyMaths in the search bar. You can also bookmark MyMaths.
Online Maths Activities
Why should I play maths games with my child?
Children make progress best as mathematicians when they regularly repeat skills and practise them until they become embedded. This can be quite a long process sometimes, and so the use of the context of an exciting game or interesting activity can be highly motivating. In our experience, our children learn best when they are having fun and that’s what games are for!
• Primary Games You’ll find all sorts of maths content here, all presented as engaging games and challenges.
• Maths Zone Another collection of games and activities across the full range of curriculum content, mostly appropriate to our KS2 pupils.
• Topmarks Lots of fun games to play with children of all ages!
Internet-based Activities relating to Number and Place Value
• Place Value Millionaire Practise place value knowledge up to 9 digits
• Chinese Dragon Ordering Numbers Learn to order numbers by playing this fun Chinese Dragon game!
• Give the Dog a Bone Explore the 100 square.
• Spin to Win Create the highest number to win the round.
• Eggs to Order (KS2) The extended version that includes decimal numbers too.
• Super Sid’s Decimal Challenge Can you match the decimal numbers to create the target number?
• Splat Square Splat the numbers in different colours. Play games, look for patterns and learn your numbers to 100!
Internet-based Games relating to Times Tables Practice
• Teaching Tables A collection of little games from the Primary Games website.
• Robin Hood Doubles Learn to double numbers up to twenty.
• Multiple Wipeout Burst only the balloons that are multiples of the given table.
• Moon Maths Practise your tables with help from the aliens!
• GhostblastersUnfriendly ghosts are there to be shot at!
• Hit The Button Practise times tables and division facts using the virtual ‘touch wall’.
• List of Maths Websites for Parents.pdf