There are a number of ways to get involved in the school community and we value parents contribution across all parts of the school. We have a strong PTA that are always looking for new members, you can find out more about our governors, their duties and responsibilities and we share school vacancies here.
Thank you for your interest in Ovingham Middle School PTA we welcome all newcomers. Below are just some of the reasons for joining the PTA and what we can achieve. We understand that parents/guardians have busy lives but don’t worry, we have many members who offer different levels of commitment.
A PTA can help parents to:
• Improve the school’s facilities, community spirit and partnership with parents;
• socialise and get to know each other whilst taking part in a range of activities;
• share common concerns and find solutions, working with the school;
• find out more about how the school works, developing effective partnerships; with the teaching and non- teaching staff;
• fundraise for extra items or services to enrich the children’s education;
• increase their own knowledge and skills.
A PTA can help pupils:
• receive a richer education as a result of items bought by the PTA;
• benefit from parents’ increased understanding of the school;
• socialise by taking part in fundraising events and activities;
• understand the importance of giving.
A PTA can help the school:
• reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school projects;
• engage with more parents, particularly those that may be harder to reach;
• identify parents that may wish to also consider becoming a school Governor;
• enhance the profile and awareness of the school within the local community
In the last three years alone we have made regular funding available to the school totaling £12000, this could not be achieved without the valuable help of the staff, students and parents/guardians.
I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting or if you prefer you can ask me to add your details into the helper list for events.
For further information please email school admin email@example.com
All parents can be involved in school events
Some of these events are:
- Parents Evening in October
- Northumbrian Water ‘Just an Hour’ programme
- Christmas events for each year group. These included comedy Christmas plays, singing, talent shows and even a‘generation game’, with parents as the stars!
- carols in the church
- MacMillan coffee morning
- Robinwood and Whitby Parents’ Evenings
- wreath making
- PTA meetings
- cross country
- end of year Sports Day
- Greggs Cancer Run
- sponsored Walk
There are no current vacancies.